By Wendy Williams
AN armless Spanish man is hoping to become the first European to pass his driving test using only his feet.
David Rivas, 33, from Madrid was born without a right arm, and only a very small, weak left arm but this has not stopped him from wanting to learn to drive.
Using a specially adapted vehicle driven with a lever instead of a steering wheel, Rivas has been attending a driving school for the last month for an average of nearly 10 hours a day.
Unfortunately he failed his first attempt after making a mistake at a junction. But he intends to try again this week.
According to Rivas he never thought he would be able to drive, until he discovered a driving school in Basauri which uses a vehicle allowing him to steer the car with an extra lever controlled by his left foot.
“I’ve always been mad about cars, ever since I was small,” he said.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02