A CELEBRITY chef, who owns an avocado farm in Mijas, has been caught shoplifting.
Antony Worrall Thompson, the former star of Ready Steady Cook, was cautioned after he stole food from Tesco a staggering five times over the Christmas period.
The 60-year-old – who has since apologised and described the thefts as ‘stupid and irresponsible,’ – is a regular here, visiting his bolthole up to six times a year.
“It’s a nice place to escape to and Spain’s got the best restaurants in the world,” he said.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02