By Eloise Horsfield
LA VILLA Marbella has been named Top Hotel for Service in Spain by TripAdvisor.
Delighted owner Marcus Torres, 45, spoke to the Olive Press before collecting his award at the International Tourism Trade Fair in Madrid earlier today.
“How can I put it into words?” he said. “I’m delighted.”
The hotel was voted number one in Spain, number four in Europe and number seven in the world for service.
“I think it’s because of all the extra work we do. Many hotels focus a lot on providing the best facilities and equipment – which of course is important as well – but what makes us different is that we are really, really focused on service,” Torres said of his hotel, which opened in 2004.
The hotel has over 500 reviews on the prestigious TripAdvisor website, where customers leave reports of their experiences after visiting a hotel or restaurant.
It’s an impressive number for a hotel that’s so small.
“TripAdvisor is a really authentic reference for people to use,” said Torres.
“While a guide book is based on the experience of one person and is therefore completely subjective, TripAdvisor is written by people who have taken the time to sit down when they get home and write about you.
“It makes it very credible.”
Torres has 25 years’ experience in hotelerie, including 18 years working for top chain Club Med which took him to Asia, the Caribbean and Africa.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10