- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Drought destroys cereal crop
• SPARSE: Cereal crops have been badly affected by the dry weather
CEREAL production in Malaga province has been drastically affected by the dry weather.
It has cost farmers an estimated 10 million euros in lost revenue – partly because only 20 per cent of them are insured against drought.
Farming association ASAJA confirmed that half the cereal yield is thought to be affected by the severe lack of rain.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
The James Bond star has been warned to cooperate with Spanish authorities…