- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Speed limit on Spanish B roads to be reduced to 90 km/h
• The speed limit is to be reduced to 90 km/h on all B roads
THE speed limit on Spanish B roads is to be reduced from 100 km per hour to 90.
Spanish Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz said 80 per cent of accidents occur on B roads, highlighting the ‘direct link between the speed limit and the number of accidents’.
Other measures to be introduced nationwide include installing adjustable speed signs on motorways, that are changed according to weather conditions.
These signs are already being used successfully in Barcelona.
Plans to increase the speed limit on Spain’s motorways from 120 km/h to 130 km/h are still being discussed.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
More British expats commit benefit fraud in Spain than in any other country…
Judge tells trio that jail sentences are 'inevitable' over €6.6 million scam…
Experts fear healthcare cuts could result in spiralling medical problems across Spain…