- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
We will continue to fight until Nerja sewage plant is built, say EQUO
• One of the many public demonstrations in favour of building the sewage plant in Nerja
By Eloise Horsfield
GREEN party EQUO has warned it will not be convinced about Nerja’s new water treatment plant until building starts.
While a €23 million contract was awarded to constructors Corsan-Corviam-Isolux last month, the plan still has to be approved by the Environment Ministry before construction can begin.
“Let’s not get too excited about it yet – there is still a lot of work to be done yet,” said a spokesman from EQUO, the first green party to be set up in Spain.
Taking the opportunity to draw attention to ‘the environmental costs of a wastewater treatment plant’ the party reminded of the need ‘to ensure the surrounding areas are not affected’, an aspect which it said will be very much the subject of its continued watch.
EQUO said it was proud to have been a key campaigning force behind the project but added it would have no qualms about staging more demos if work has not started by June 30, 2013 ‘so it does not take another ten years’ to build it.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Green group warn government over 'alarming' situation…
Millions of Moroccans head home for the summer through Andalucían ports.…