- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Anti-oil-drilling protest to be held in Mijas
• Campaigners are expected to gather outside Mijas Town Hall
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
CAMPAIGNERS are to stage a protest outside La Cala de Mijas Town Hall in an effort to stop oil drilling 9km offshore.
Citizens Against Oil Exploration on the Costa del Sol will meet on December 22 at 12pm to read a manifesto against the joint plans of the government and oil giant Respol.
Local PSOE mayors have already joined Greenpeace activists in publicising the risks of oil drilling, fearing a disaster similar to that of the Prestige oil tanker spill in 2002.
Concerns have also grown about the effect oil exploration will have on the Costa del Sol’s tourism industry, the leading source of employment in the area.
For more information on Citizens Against Oil Exploration on the Costa del Sol contact: 650 952 081
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]