- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Spain’s Queen Sofia visits London
• Queen Sofia on a previous visit to the capital
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SPAIN’s Queen has been in London this week doing a spot of Christmas shopping.
It was reported La Reina Sofia spent several hours at Harrods, stopping in one of its restaurants for some food between picking out gifts for her grandchildren.
While criticised for not spending her money in her cash-strapped home nation, it is thought the monarch chose foreign soil so she could pass unnoticed as she browsed the shops.
But rather than staying at Mayfair’s five-star Claridge’s, priced at €2,000 a night – where she stayed during her last trip – this time the Spanish queen contented herself with a room at the €380-per-night Melia White House near Regent’s Park.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]