- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Child dies during Three Kings parade in Malaga
• TRAGIC: Security personnel around the float involved in the accident. Photograph by García Santos
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A CHILD was run over and died during the Three Kings parade in Malaga earlier today.
It is believed the six-year-old boy escaped from the control of his parents and was hit by one of the floats as he collected sweets from the road.
The victim’s father, a doctor, tried to revive the child as the procession was temporarily halted.
However, the calvacade was resumed at the request of the child’s family, minus the float that was involved in the accident.
Representatives of Malaga city council said that the float that struck the child had a safety team of 15 people accompanying it.
Malaga’s mayor, Francisco de la Torre, has announced two days of mourning.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]