- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
New sighting of missing trekker in Almeria
• Holiday maker Robert Golden has been missing since November
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Frances Leate
A BRITISH holiday maker who went missing more than two months ago has been spotted in Vera, in Almeria.
Fears for the safety of Robert Golden, 54, from Sussex, have been growing since he failed to return from a walking holiday in November.
After seeing the appeal in the Olive Press, David Barnet, a resident of Vera, was shocked to see an unshaven Mr Golden walking passed his home near to the Gallasa offices on January 9.
Walking towards the AP-7 motorway towards Almeria, Mr Golden appeared dishevelled and was carrying a large knapsack.
Mr Barnet, who is deaf, told a friend who then reported it to Sussex Police.
His friend, Jeff Kember, said: “I had to pass the information on to the police because it is difficult for Mr Barnet to correspondent with them over the phone.
“He says it was definitely him and although he is deaf there is absolutely nothing wrong with his eye sight.
“We hope the police can follow this up and find him, because he seems disorientated and it is a worry.”
Mr Golden, who failed to return from a two week walking holiday, flew to Seville on November 5.
The IT worker from Shoreham, in Sussex, told friends he planned to go trekking around Andalucía and has not used his bank card since November 8.
The sighting follows a number of reports of Mr Golden being seen in the Alicante area.
Detective Chief Inspector Dave Wardley-Wilkins, of West Sussex investigation team, said: “On December 21 we received a report of a potential sighting of Mr Golden in Benissa in the province of Alicante.
“Although this is obviously good news, we have been unable to verify the sighting and are keen to hear from anyone else who believes they have seen Mr Golden so we can ensure he is safe and well.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 (or 0044 1273 475432 from abroad) quoting serial 0804 of 21/11.
Have you seen Mr Golden? Please contact the Olive Press on 0034 952 895 230 or via email: [email protected].
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]