- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
IT is Spain’s most prestigious art fair and traditionally attracts international buyers from around the world, each paying up to €40.
But this year organiser’s of the ARCO contemporary art fair, held in Madrid, have been forced to pay wealthy collectors to attend due to poor ticket sales.
With local buyers struggling due to the financial crisis, 150 guests from the US, Russia and Asia will have their airfare and three nights accommodation paid for.
More than 200 galleries from 30 countries will be taking part in this year’s fair, now in its 32nd year, which runs from February 13-17.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]