- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
February 18, 2013 at
7:39 pm • LAST EDITED:
March 22, 2013 at
Andalucia • 0 Comments
By Kathryn Richardson
A BRITISH author has penned a romantic novel based around an expat falling for her flamenco teacher.
Cherry Radford’s new novel, Flamenco Baby, follows the personal life of a dance enthusiast called Yolande who desperately longs for a child but is missing the vital ingredient: sperm.
Torn between taking back her faithless ex-partner and trying to convince her gay best friend to be a sperm donor, she turns to flamenco, only to find love with her teacher.
The adult novel, set in Granada, follows the love triangles that ensue and explores some of the issues between the two cultures.
Mother of two Radford – who mentions the Olive Press in the book on a couple of occasions – said she was inspired by her sympathy for girlfriends who couldn’t find the right man to father their children.
“I’m very excited! I hope that Flamenco Baby encourages more people to discover flamenco, with its depth of feeling, wide range of emotions – including humour – and individualism,” she explained.
Redford, whose first novel Men Dancing was published in 2011, has read the paper during frequent visits to Granada.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…