- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
British national busted with suitcase full of cash
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A BRITISH national has been stopped at Malaga airport on suspicion of money laundering.
The man, who had travelled from Lisbon, used items of clothing and other objects in an attempt to disguise €170,000 hidden in his suitcase.
Airport officials called the Guardia Civil when the man was unable to prove how he had acquired such a large amount of cash.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]