- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Peter Langdale
I HAVE just finished listening to the news, and once again we are still being bombarded with reports and information on beef contaminated with horse meat.
That got me thinking about beef – as in sirloin, and horse – as in horseradish.
One thing we do not have available at Garden La Palma are horseradish plants or roots.
Therefore, readers, drop me a line and let us see if there is a demand for fresh horseradish or alternatively anyone who does have some roots, let me know.
Last week we had a visit from some of the members of The Andalucian Garden Group and pleased we were to have them.
I think they were intrigued to see some of our production facilities and learn a little about our business.
This visit was a follow up from a talk I gave to them a couple of weeks ago on the very topical ‘How safe is our food?’
Should any other clubs wish to visit us please get in touch.
Now, back to basics and with the hope that by the time you read this the present cold spell will be over and the garden will be calling.
Nearly everything will be at, or at least near to bud burst and so our feeding programmes can begin.
For those of you who prefer the old, faithful, slow release feeds we have available fish, blood and bone fertiliser.
For all the green lawn addicts now is a good time to scarify, spike and top dress.
Where your veg garden is frost free you can think about planting tomatoes,peppers, aubergines and courgettes.
Just the right ingredients for a nice home produced ratatouille.
Until next time, bye for now.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]