By Peter Langdale
I HAVE just finished listening to the news, and once again we are still being bombarded with reports and information on beef contaminated with horse meat.
That got me thinking about beef – as in sirloin, and horse – as in horseradish.
One thing we do not have available at Garden La Palma are horseradish plants or roots.
Therefore, readers, drop me a line and let us see if there is a demand for fresh horseradish or alternatively anyone who does have some roots, let me know.
Last week we had a visit from some of the members of The Andalucian Garden Group and pleased we were to have them.
I think they were intrigued to see some of our production facilities and learn a little about our business.
This visit was a follow up from a talk I gave to them a couple of weeks ago on the very topical ‘How safe is our food?’
Should any other clubs wish to visit us please get in touch.
Now, back to basics and with the hope that by the time you read this the present cold spell will be over and the garden will be calling.
Nearly everything will be at, or at least near to bud burst and so our feeding programmes can begin.
For those of you who prefer the old, faithful, slow release feeds we have available fish, blood and bone fertiliser.
For all the green lawn addicts now is a good time to scarify, spike and top dress.
Where your veg garden is frost free you can think about planting tomatoes,peppers, aubergines and courgettes.
Just the right ingredients for a nice home produced ratatouille.
Until next time, bye for now.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36