- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Annual Cudeca telethon raises €17,000
• A young musician takes part in the telethon
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
ORGANISERS of the annual Cudeca telethon, which raises vital funds for the Benalmadena Hospice, have hailed the one day event a great success.
Hundreds of people called in to place bids and donate money during the one day telethon organised by Talk Radio Europe and Cudeca on Friday, March 8.
Prizes up for grabs included a car, holidays, a chance to be a radio presenter for the day and free advertising space in the Olive Press.
The live bidding show was hosted by the Talk Radio Europe team alongside some special guests and there was also an array of musical talent performing live on air in the studio.
Laura Haggis, spokesperson for Cudeca, said: “The auction opened for live bidding at 10am and by midday the atmosphere in the studio was alive and buzzing with listeners joining in the bidding frenzy which lasted until late that evening.
“Cudeca Hospice would sincerely like to thank all the staff at Talk Radio Europe for their support, to all those generous businesses and individuals who donated items for the auction and to all the volunteers for their continued help and to all those who participated in the auction.”
All the money raised will help the Cudeca Hospice to continue caring for more than 750 people each year with cancer and other advanced and non-curable illnesses within the province of Málaga.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]