- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses
• Junta of Andalusia
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A BRITISH family whose home is at risk of being demolished is taking the Junta to court.
The claimants, who wish to remain anonymous, are taking their case to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg claiming the Junta de Andalucía do not respect their human right to property.
Maura Hillen, president of property owners association, AUAN, said: “We believe that this claim is the first of many such claims against Spain for not respecting the fundamental right to private property.
“This couple’s case is particularly acute.
“Their house has planning permission granted by the town hall but the regional government challenged it on the basis that the house risked creating an urban nucleus.”
The family is claiming that the Spanish system has failed them and that the Spanish state does not sufficiently respect the right to property established in the European Convention of Human Rights.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]