NINETY people took part in a charity hike for the Arturo Darch children’s leukemia foundation, raising over €2700 with their efforts.
The hike, which included the option for more experienced participants of scaling the Marbella peak Cruz de Juanar, was intended to raise funds to develop the website of the foundation.
Nick Darch commented “This foundation has been set up in memory of my son Arturo who was a wonderfully kind hearted young man who would have loved to be involved in this great cause.
“I was amazed to see so many people bobbing up and down hills!
“The main function of the foundation is to get a help website set up for families who have a child with leukemia.
“They will be able to get help and useful and possibly lifesaving information when in hospital or in the recovery process,” he added.
The Foundation also thanked the event sponsors – Patricia Darch Interiors, Jan Steals, La Terrasse Brasserie, Ke Bar, Sotogrande SA, Romain Dominique Coiffeur, Marbella sponsor: XIIX films, and Dental Clinic Crooke Estepona.
The Foundation has a series of fund raising events planned this year, including a Black Tie Ball in Sotogrande on September 14.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00