THE UK has a new Ambassador to Spain.
Simon Manley, GMC, will succeed Giles Paxman, CMG LVO, who has held the position since 2009. Mr Manley’s appointment as Ambassador to Spain and non-resident Ambassador to Andorra will go into effect in October.
Mr Manley joined the FCO in 1990. He has since worked in London, Brussels, and New York on EU, UN and security issues. Most recently, he was Director Europe at the FCO.
On his appointment as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Spain, and non-resident Ambassador to Andorra, Mr Manley said: “I am delighted and honoured to be appointed to serve the United Kingdom in these two beautiful countries. I look forward to working in Spain with one of our largest trading partners, a key ally within the EU and NATO, and holiday destination for, and home to, so many Britons.”
- Goya museum in trouble - 13 Aug, 2013 @ 10:00
- Kids’ cardiac threat - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 10:08
- Football match abandoned at World Police and Fire Games - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:52
- The last of the Spanish Nazis - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 10:03
- Buena Vista baile - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:02
- Sotogrande celebrates half a century - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 15:16
- Staying safe on Spain’s roads - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 12:10
- Snoop Dogg rolls in - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 09:17
- British woman gives birth to biggest baby ever born naturally in Spain - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 14:57
- Keira Knightly takes Spanish vacation - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:34