- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
New British Ambassador to Spain
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE UK has a new Ambassador to Spain.
Simon Manley, GMC, will succeed Giles Paxman, CMG LVO, who has held the position since 2009. Mr Manley’s appointment as Ambassador to Spain and non-resident Ambassador to Andorra will go into effect in October.
Mr Manley joined the FCO in 1990. He has since worked in London, Brussels, and New York on EU, UN and security issues. Most recently, he was Director Europe at the FCO.
On his appointment as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Spain, and non-resident Ambassador to Andorra, Mr Manley said: “I am delighted and honoured to be appointed to serve the United Kingdom in these two beautiful countries. I look forward to working in Spain with one of our largest trading partners, a key ally within the EU and NATO, and holiday destination for, and home to, so many Britons.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]