By Giles Brown
SHYANNE Azzopardi has been crowned Miss Gibraltar 2014.
The 20-year-old was crowned by outgoing Miss Gibraltar Maroua Kharbouch and will now represent Gibraltar at the 64th Miss World Pageant, in London in December.
Kirsty Torres was voted ‘1st Princess’ while Claire Nunez was ‘2nd Princess’.
“I hope to be a good role model for younger generations,” Shyanne said after the pageant.
Meanwhile, a former Miss Gibraltar – who later became Miss World, has been made Deputy Mayor of Gibraltar.
Kaiane Aldorino, intially won five years ago, is the first beauty queen to take up the role, which involves assisting the Mayor, hosting VIP visitors, presenting awards and presiding over festivities.
“It’s a huge honour for me, an opportunity for me to give something back to the community that has done so much for me,” she said.
Aldorino had travelled the world after scooping the prestigious title in 2009.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44