FOUR suspects have been questioned in Portugal in investigation of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.
Not much information has been released about the nature of the questioning, but no new developments have been reported.
All four suspects are Portuguese citizens, including Sergey Malinka, a web designer – originally from Russia – who denies any involvement.
Names of the other suspects have not been released, but one is said to suffer from severe schizophrenia.
Currently 11 witnesses are being interviewed, a process which requires collaboration between Portuguese police and Scotland Yard. While Portuguese officers conduct the questioning, Scotland Yard oversees the process.
Police are currently excavating three key sites in the Algarve holiday resort of Praia de Luz, where 3-year-old Maddie disappeared in 2007.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05