IT is anything but his usual balls up.
Nick Clegg, 47, used a classic Spanish phrase when he got onto the subject of feminism, thanks to his Spanish wife.
Talking in support of a new feminist campaign in London, he said: “As a wiser person than me once said: ‘Men who actually treat women as equals are the ones with more cojones’,” he said.
Posing in a feminist-themed t-shirt, designed by the Fawcett Society, the Lib Dem leader – dubbed ‘El Clegg’ by the Olive Press – admitted his wife had had a big influence on his belief in equality.
The deputy prime minister has three children with Valladolid-born wife Miriam Gonzalez Durantez, 46, who earns €640,000 a year as a lawyer in London.
Clegg meanwhile was not the only one showing off his ‘cojones’, as Labour leader Ed Miliband also squeezed into a ‘This is what a feminist looks like’ t-shirt for Elle magazine’s December feminist issue.
Controversially, Prime Minister David Cameron repeatedly refused to wear the t-shirt.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44