A NEW bank is giving a warm welcome to expats who own or rent a property in Spain.
Hola Bank is being launched with an initial 100 branches across Spain, initially in Málaga, Murcia, Alicante and the Canary and Balearic Islands.
Owned by Caíxa Bank, which has 375,000 international customers, it will concentrate on serving its customers in English and other international languages.
Its director general Juan Antonio Álcaraz told a press launch at Marbella’s Don Pepe Hotel that it was an ‘exciting time’ to be opening a new bank.
He said: “The bank will cater to a group of clients with very specific needs, providing an innovative, comprehensive and high quality range of products and services.”
He added: “We think the name will make clients feel comfortable… And it is easy to recognise.”
Some 16 branches are in Andalucía, while the bank hopes to get a 25% market share of the expat market within four years.
Eventually 16 branches will open in Málaga, to cater to 25,000 foreign clients.
The bank’s existing foreign clients create a business volume of €6 billion.
It uses the catchphrase ‘Making your life easier’ and has its own website www.holabank.es.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00