A NEW bank is giving a warm welcome to expats who own or rent a property in Spain.
Hola Bank is being launched with an initial 100 branches across Spain, initially in Málaga, Murcia, Alicante and the Canary and Balearic Islands.
Owned by Caíxa Bank, which has 375,000 international customers, it will concentrate on serving its customers in English and other international languages.
Its director general Juan Antonio Álcaraz told a press launch at Marbella’s Don Pepe Hotel that it was an ‘exciting time’ to be opening a new bank.
He said: “The bank will cater to a group of clients with very specific needs, providing an innovative, comprehensive and high quality range of products and services.”
He added: “We think the name will make clients feel comfortable… And it is easy to recognise.”
Some 16 branches are in Andalucía, while the bank hopes to get a 25% market share of the expat market within four years.
Eventually 16 branches will open in Málaga, to cater to 25,000 foreign clients.
The bank’s existing foreign clients create a business volume of €6 billion.
It uses the catchphrase ‘Making your life easier’ and has its own website www.holabank.es.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00