A BRITISH man strangled his own mother before going on the run in Spain and murdering a mother-of-three in Barcelona.
Sean Heiss, 30, was found guilty of murdering his mother Margaret Sheehy, 58, in Kingston before taking her credit cards and fleeing to Spain on the Eurostar.
In Barcelona, Heiss stabbed a mother-of-three, Clementina Liscano, to death when she found him sleeping in the street near a cash point.
Heiss was sentenced to 22 years in prison after extradition to the UK but pleaded diminished responsibility, having previously suffered from psychotic illness.
The 30-year-old from Surbiton will be sentenced tomorrow before being returned to Spain to serve the sentence.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25