THE Vuelta a Espana careens down the coast this afternoon in the 210 km fourth stage.
The cyclists started in Estepona at 12:26, and rode through Casares, Sabinillas, Pueblo Nuevo, Sotogrande and San Roque before heading up into the mountains to make their way to Vejer de la Frontera.
Treated to more than they bargained for, riders were greeted by a man in a lime-green mankini as they passed by Sabinillas on the A-7 coastal road.
Peter Sagan of the Tinkoff-Saxo team won the third stage, and Esteban Chaves of the Orica GreenEdge team holds first place in the general classification.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29