EVERYONE deserves a summer holiday. But not if you’re mayor of Madrid, according to some.
Ex-judge Manuela Carmena has had to fend off attacks for the ‘crime’ of taking a break away from the cut and thrust of public office.
Her €4,000 a week trip to Zahara was split among a party of eight. Hardly bacchanalian excess.
Whatsmore, the 71-year-old leader has been elected on a platform pledging to build new homes and has scrapped eviction orders to help ease Spain’s housing crisis.
If she delivers on these goals – and on a frugal 45,000 salary – who cares if she chooses to spend a week away with her pals?
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58