SEAN Connery fled his luxury Costa del Sol pad because he didn’t want neighbours to see him in his pants.
The revelation emerged during a trial into alleged tax fraud at a 72-unit Marbella complex that went up in place of Connery’s Casa Malibu property during the 90s.
The James Bond star apparently became irritated at people gawking while he was getting changed and left for the Bahamas with his wife, Micheline.
“These people are not going to see me in my underpants, I am leaving Marbella,” Connery said, according to Juan Antonio Roca, the shamed ex-Marbella city planning svengali.
Neither Connery nor his wife have been charged in the ongoing case, but Micheline faces two and a half years in prison in another trial over alleged fraud.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00