The Rafael Garcia Valino school, a government-run primary school in Madrid, recently asked its pupils to each provide six rolls of lavatory paper.
One parent, Carmen Contreras, complained on her Facebook page that the requirement was “totally surreal.”
She said the school told her it didn’t have enough money for toilet paper, so they added it to a list of supplies students needed for class this term.
In Milan, Italy, the Scuola Primaria Casati school said to parents in a letter: “We’ve run out of toilet paper. So that this great friendship can continue, we have to bring one packet of four rolls of toilet paper each.
“We are informed that school funds are low and parents should provide paper, cups and even toilet paper.”
According to the European Cleaning Journal, a study by consumer group Cittadinanzattiva found that nearly half of the schools it surveyed in Italy did not have any soap and a further 37% were lacking in toilet paper due to funding cuts.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16