The Jihadi group has vowed to take revenge on the country after it cracked down on militants and made dozens of arrests last year, with more than 215 being cuffed since 2015.
According to The Daily Star, the report reveals that the terror group, which operates out of Syria and Iraq, has ramped up its campaign to hire Spanish translators, suggesting plans to attract Spanish-speaking foreign fighters.
Anti-terrorism police have also seen a worrying rise in terror videos subtitled entirely in Spanish.
Meanwhile, reports say ISIS sympathisers in Spain are being urged to ‘attack, attack, attack!’ in revenge.
It comes after terror experts said Spain is at significant risk of a Berlin-style truck attack this summer due to the surge in European and British tourists.
David Videcette, a former Met Police counter-terrorism officer who investigated the 7/7 London bombings, told The Daily Star: “It’s very possible there could be an attack in Spain.
“When you think about it Spain is one of the few countries in Europe that hasn’t had a major attack in recent years.
“These things are always bubbling away and we’re relying on the security services and the police to gather intelligence and get hold of these people.”
Mr Videcette said Spanish resorts are particularly vulnerable to a truck attacks due to their wide-open seafront promenades which have daily lorry deliveries coming and going unnoticed.
“They may well be looking to attack specific countries with tourists,” he added.
“It’s very possible Costa Brava, Costa Del Sol, those sort of places could be on someone’s target list.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15