The Jihadi group has vowed to take revenge on the country after it cracked down on militants and made dozens of arrests last year, with more than 215 being cuffed since 2015.
According to The Daily Star, the report reveals that the terror group, which operates out of Syria and Iraq, has ramped up its campaign to hire Spanish translators, suggesting plans to attract Spanish-speaking foreign fighters.
Anti-terrorism police have also seen a worrying rise in terror videos subtitled entirely in Spanish.
Meanwhile, reports say ISIS sympathisers in Spain are being urged to ‘attack, attack, attack!’ in revenge.
It comes after terror experts said Spain is at significant risk of a Berlin-style truck attack this summer due to the surge in European and British tourists.
David Videcette, a former Met Police counter-terrorism officer who investigated the 7/7 London bombings, told The Daily Star: “It’s very possible there could be an attack in Spain.
“When you think about it Spain is one of the few countries in Europe that hasn’t had a major attack in recent years.
“These things are always bubbling away and we’re relying on the security services and the police to gather intelligence and get hold of these people.”
Mr Videcette said Spanish resorts are particularly vulnerable to a truck attacks due to their wide-open seafront promenades which have daily lorry deliveries coming and going unnoticed.
“They may well be looking to attack specific countries with tourists,” he added.
“It’s very possible Costa Brava, Costa Del Sol, those sort of places could be on someone’s target list.”
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23