THE lover suspected of murdering missing Scottish expat Lisa Brown has been freed on bail.
A Spanish judge granted Simon Corner, 35, bail after a witness claimed to have seen Brown, 33, hours after she vanished from her Costa del Sol home in Guadiaro in 2015.
Corner, from Liverpool, fled Spain to Denmark following her disappearance, but was extradited back to the country where he was kept in custody.
After paying a £8,365 bail fee Corner was released and will remain free until trial.
Brown’s sister, Helen Jordan, expressed the family’s outrage at the judge’s decision: “We’re shocked and disgusted. But it won’t beat us, our work will continue to get justice for Lisa.”
Her brother, Craig Douglas, said: “We were informed he was released on bail.
“We were not given any reason. I think the Spanish police are annoyed given the amount of work they have put in.”
It will soon be decided whether or not Corner will be charged with the murder or for a lesser crime.
However if there is little hope of conviction, the case may be shelved.
It is feared mum-of-one Brown was killed at the home she shared with Corner in Guadiaro after police found buried objects close to the residence.
Police suspect that the murderer may have dumped her body into the sea.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00