BRITS are taking a ‘keep calm and carry on’ approach to buying homes in Spain.
That is the verdict of Spanish property website Kyero’s Richard Speigal, who said British interest was still strong despite the triggering of Article 50 towards the end of March.
The findings were based on visits to and searches on the website throughout the month.
“With Prime Minister May emphasizing how slow the Brexit process is going to be, with the UK being hostage to the negotiation cycle, it seems that Brits are happy to take a ‘keep calm and carry on’ approach to buying homes in Spain,” said Speigal, head of research.
“Interest has slowed, but is far from going into reverse – in fact, British visitors to Kyero.com have increased by 30.2% over the past year.”
Speigal also revealed that Chiclana de la Frontera in Cadiz is currently the ninth most popular location for those buying in Spain.
He put its popularity down to its ‘easy access to the real Spain’, architectural and culinary charms and being a ‘great base’ to visit attractive nearby destinations such as Cadiz, Gibraltar, Portugal and Morocco.
The average asking price across Kyero.com’s 200,000+ listed properties is now at €244,000 – a 5.9% increase from last year.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33