COPS in Magaluf will be patrolling its beaches using segways this summer.
It comes after Calvia town hall presented its beach security plans for the season on Wednesday.
There will be four new segways and two quad bikes patrolling the stretch of sand between Magaluf and Palmanova.
There will also be a ten-strong new community police force with a sole responsibility for beach security, with at least four on duty at one time.
Some 40 lifeguards will watch the waves, with a small fleet of rescue ribs, two rescue vessels and two lifeguards on boats patrolling the waters.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22