Hundreds of music fans from around the world will descend on the city to enjoy concerts, workshops, talks and artisan guitar makers selling their wares in the atmospheric setting of Santo Domingo convent.
The event was founded by Surrey-born Lucy Stewart, 42, and her internationally renowned guitarist husband Paco Seco, 43.
They run the Ronda Guitar House, where the festival was born from their love of the genre.
“My husband is an international concert guitarist and we thought we would set up a festival so that we would get to see famous artists in Ronda,” said Lucy.
“It’s not just flamenco and classic guitar, it’s all kinds of performers from Spain, Costa Rica, Portugal, and Argentina.
“You get wonderful music from internationally renowned artists and beautiful sights of Ronda, it’s perfect.”
The event runs from June 6-10, with tickets costing €35 for the week, or €10 per performance.
They are available from the Ronda Tourist office, or at www.rondaguitarfestival.com/english/tickets/.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22