A SUSPECTED Magaluf drug dealer has been arrested after allegedly battering a fellow British villain who ran off with the gang’s drugs.
Mallorca police believe the pair are part of the same criminal gang that control the drug trade on the notorious Punta Ballena strip.
Officers were alerted when the 47-year-old victim was rushed to a Palma hospital in a serious state after being brutally attacked.
They later found 11 grammes of cocaine hidden in the man’s clothes.
Mallorca’s National Police believe the man absconded with 50 grammes of cocaine and 2,000 euros from the gang before he was tracked down and pummelled to a pulp.
The 23-year-old English suspect was arrested at Madrid’s Barajas Airport as he tried to flee to Thailand.
Police discovered 6,000 euros, five luxury watches and a fake driver’s licence in the suspect’s home.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00