Aemet issued a national warning of the possibility of ‘showers and strong storms in large areas of the peninsula’.
As of Saturday 26 and especially on Sunday 27, the approach of a DANA (Isolated Depression of High Levels) – or a ‘cold drop’ – is very likely to cause a significant change in temperature.
What is not yet certain is where the brunt of the showers will occur.
“There is uncertainty about the specific location,” explained the Head of the Meteorological Center of Malaga, Fausto Polvorinos.
Some 150 liters of rain per square meter could fall during the episode, if forecasts are correct.
On Saturday the rainfall will affect the east and northwestern areas of Spain, where there may be large amounts of hail.
On Sunday the wet weather will extend to much of the rest of the peninsular, with greater probability of intense downpours in the southwest and centre of the country.
Around Sunday at noon, the DANA expected to be located about 200 kilometers from Lisbon.
In the prediction models, Malaga and the Valley of the Guadalhorce received up to 150 liters per square meter of rainfall, although this is still not definitive.
The cold drop should disappear by Thursday 31.
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47