LEFT-WING campaigners have vowed to ‘take down’ a Mallorca anti-gay group’s protest aeroplane using Game Of Thrones tactics.
Young radicals from the PSIB party hit back at the ultra-Catholic Hazteoir (Make Yourself Heard) after they flew a plane flying a homophobic banner.
The message read ‘LGTB gag law: They are going for your children’ and was widely condemned by Mallorca politicians.
Activists from PSIB tweeted ‘we are not Cersei Lannister [a Game Of Thrones character] but we will take down the Hazteoir plane with the weight of the LGTB law’.
Palma’s mayor, Antoni Noguera, accused Hazteoir of ‘contaminating’ the air and said ‘they were not welcome’.
The group has previously flown anti-LGTB sorties over Cadiz, Malaga, Almeria and Granada.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00