A BRITISH expat has confessed to killing his wife in Mallorca and faces 12 years in prison after a making a plea-deal in a Palma court today.
Warren Lyttle, 52, admitted strangling Lisa Jane, 49 in his Costa de la Calma flat and will now face a charge of homicide.
The plea-bargain was struck in court today with prosecutors originally seeking a 20-year sentence for murder and the trial to continue tomorrow.
Car salesman Lyttle had claimed the mum-of-one died during a sado-masochistic sex game gone wrong.
Lyttle, who expressed regret for his crimes, has now admitted choking Lisa Jane to death with a mobile-phone cable during a fight over money after he had been drinking.
“Not a day goes by when I don’t regret what I did,” he said. “At first I didn’t realise she was dead.”
The couple’s daughter had reported Lyttle to British police for abusive behaviour.
Lyttle, a car salesman, had phoned police and emergency services following the incident, but they were unable to arrive in time to save Lisa Jane.
Several hundred local residents attended a vigil at Calvia Town Hall following Lisa Jane’s killing.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00