SPAIN has had its best quarter for property sales since the 2008 financial crisis.
Some 121,561 units were sold in the third quarter of this year, a 16.7% increase on last year, according to the development ministry.
It’s just shy of 2008’s third quarter when 122,949 units were sold.
From September 2016 to September 2017, some 516,643 homes were sold, an increase of 15.8% compared to the previous twelve months.
All the autonomous communities registered increases in the number of home sales in the third quarter of the year.
The highest increases were La Rioja (+ 32.9%), Cantabria (+ 31.9%), Murcia (+ 25.6%) and Andalucia (+ 23.6%).
Ceuta and Melilla also registered significant increases (+ 26.3%).
Transactions carried out by foreigners resident in Spain experienced year-on-year growth for the twenty-fifth consecutive quarter.
Specifically, the increase was 17.6% compared to the third quarter of 2016, totaling 20,257 purchases.
Likewise, purchases made by foreigners, both residents and non-residents, reached 24,009 operations, which represents 17.4% of the total.
By province, the ones that registered the highest number of sales by foreign residents were Alicante (4,619 operations), Málaga (2,429), Barcelona (1,937), Madrid (1,564), Valencia (1,183) and Santa Cruz de Tenerife (1,175).
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23