SPAIN has had its best quarter for property sales since the 2008 financial crisis.
Some 121,561 units were sold in the third quarter of this year, a 16.7% increase on last year, according to the development ministry.
It’s just shy of 2008’s third quarter when 122,949 units were sold.
From September 2016 to September 2017, some 516,643 homes were sold, an increase of 15.8% compared to the previous twelve months.
All the autonomous communities registered increases in the number of home sales in the third quarter of the year.
The highest increases were La Rioja (+ 32.9%), Cantabria (+ 31.9%), Murcia (+ 25.6%) and Andalucia (+ 23.6%).
Ceuta and Melilla also registered significant increases (+ 26.3%).
Transactions carried out by foreigners resident in Spain experienced year-on-year growth for the twenty-fifth consecutive quarter.
Specifically, the increase was 17.6% compared to the third quarter of 2016, totaling 20,257 purchases.
Likewise, purchases made by foreigners, both residents and non-residents, reached 24,009 operations, which represents 17.4% of the total.
By province, the ones that registered the highest number of sales by foreign residents were Alicante (4,619 operations), Málaga (2,429), Barcelona (1,937), Madrid (1,564), Valencia (1,183) and Santa Cruz de Tenerife (1,175).
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35