SPAIN has had its best quarter for property sales since the 2008 financial crisis.
Some 121,561 units were sold in the third quarter of this year, a 16.7% increase on last year, according to the development ministry.
It’s just shy of 2008’s third quarter when 122,949 units were sold.
From September 2016 to September 2017, some 516,643 homes were sold, an increase of 15.8% compared to the previous twelve months.
All the autonomous communities registered increases in the number of home sales in the third quarter of the year.
The highest increases were La Rioja (+ 32.9%), Cantabria (+ 31.9%), Murcia (+ 25.6%) and Andalucia (+ 23.6%).
Ceuta and Melilla also registered significant increases (+ 26.3%).
Transactions carried out by foreigners resident in Spain experienced year-on-year growth for the twenty-fifth consecutive quarter.
Specifically, the increase was 17.6% compared to the third quarter of 2016, totaling 20,257 purchases.
Likewise, purchases made by foreigners, both residents and non-residents, reached 24,009 operations, which represents 17.4% of the total.
By province, the ones that registered the highest number of sales by foreign residents were Alicante (4,619 operations), Málaga (2,429), Barcelona (1,937), Madrid (1,564), Valencia (1,183) and Santa Cruz de Tenerife (1,175).
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36