VIRGIN are testing their new Hyperloop One in Malaga, creating more than 250 jobs in the area in the next five years.
The US company has made a deal with ADIF (Spain’s administor of railway structures) to build the €432 million facility in Bobadilla.
The Hyperloop system is designed to transport both people and cargo at approximately 1,200 kilometres per hour.
According to Virgin’s website, the Hyperloop One will be able to travel at ‘speeds of up to 700 mph’.
The project is set to be launched in 2020, and will be used to test the Hyperloop during its expansion across the world.
The system cuts out human error by being completely autonomous and uses electric propulsion to power itself.
ADIF claimed Virgin had chosen Malaga for its testing because of the countries highly qualified workforce and leadership in high-speed rail.
The investment however will not go ahead unless 126 million euros is obtained through public aid, loans and grants.
Virgin has bought an area of 19,000 square meters for the project which will accommodate all of the equipment needed to make this high-speed technology a reality.
Recently Virgin CEO Richard Branson claimed the hyperloop could be ready for passengers to travel on as early as 2021.
- British expat pensioners fear no-deal Brexit after already losing more than a fifth of their spending power - 17 Aug, 2018 @ 12:21
- WATCH: Hundreds left injured after wooden walkway collapses into sea at festival in Spain - 13 Aug, 2018 @ 13:52
- Virgin to test the Hyperloop One in Malaga after agreeing a deal with ADIF - 11 Aug, 2018 @ 16:00
- WATCH: Brazen couple have full on beach romp in broad daylight in Spain - 8 Aug, 2018 @ 12:41
- Andalucia calls for redistribution of migrant minors across Spain as infrastructure struggles to cope - 7 Aug, 2018 @ 13:04
- Seven dead in Spain as killer heatwave continues to spread across Europe - 7 Aug, 2018 @ 10:54
- WATCH: Russian Mafia leader arrested on Spain’s Costa del Sol while ‘plotting gang rival’s murder’ - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 18:10
- FOUND: 76-year-old British expat not seen for a week after leaving hospital found ‘injured but alive’ on Costa del Sol - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 10:57
- British lad ‘tried to take a poo over balcony’ before plunging six floors in Spain, remains in critical condition - 3 Aug, 2018 @ 17:15
- Second man dies in southern Spain as heatwave spreads across Europe - 3 Aug, 2018 @ 16:37