A GROUP of expats are appealing for funds to help a homeless expat pensioner get back on his feet after he lost his entire family.
Rebecca Pattinson, 26 and fiance Dave Langshaw, 32, took in Graham Nobbs last week after noticing him sleeping rough in a Lidl car park, in Albox, Almeria.
The Stockport couple want to help the 69-year-old, originally from Kent, to get a passport, bank account and NIE number.
“Graham is an incredibly intelligent man,” Rebecca told the Olive Press this week.
“He hasn’t been able to claim any of the pension that he is owed as he has no bank account, passport or any means of communication with the pension people back in the UK.”
The kind-hearted couple, joined by several others, have set up a ‘gofundme’ page where people can donate to help Graham, who worked as a salesman for House of Fraser and Barclays in Kensington, and who has walked around 25,000 miles across Spain since becoming homeless five years ago.
Another couple have already set up a fundraising page which has so far raised €400 and Rebecca says any extra money will go towards getting Graham a flat of his own.
She told the Olive Press: “It’s not right to see a frail old man on the street, we’re not heroes, we’re just doing the kind thing.
“It’s really opened both of our eyes over the past few days and it makes you appreciate the little things.”
The expats have already raised hundreds but are hoping to get to €1000 and are still looking for donations to their page, which can be found here: www.gofundme.com/helpforgraham.
Do you have a positive expat story? Someone who has done something special? As a community newspaper we want to hear your stories… email email@example.com
- Marbella mansion where One Direction made debut among top 10 most viewed properties this year - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40
- REVEALED: Over half Spain’s 66 most dangerous bridges in Andalucia government says - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 15:03