THE Eastern coast and the Balearic Islands have been battered by a bout of flooding, just a week after 13 people tragically lost their lives in Mallorca.
Valencia and Catalunya have been placed on red alert – the most dangerous risk – as the ‘gota fria’, or cold drop, continues to ravage the country.
AEMET has issued an orange alert with a ‘significant risk’ for Mallorca, as Pollenca and Manacor have already been hit by flooding today.
Situación zona de Pollença. pic.twitter.com/RnYBjse2JX
— AEMET_Baleares (@AEMET_Baleares) October 19, 2018
Emergency services have so far responded to some 34 incidents, while the area of Manacor is still recovering from the devastating floods last week.
Meanwhile some 1,906 calls for help were placed between 11pm last night and 6am today in Valencia and around 30 people had to be rescued from cars in Castellon as the streets began to fill with water.
— Stay Weird (@Majoo92) October 19, 2018
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01