FOURTEEN schoolchildren had to receive medical treatment after suffering the effects of possible gas poisoning while travelling on a school bus.
The children, all aged between 14 and 16, were travelling to the Instituto de Educación de Secundaria school in Guadix from their homes in the village of La Peza on October 20 when they started to complain of stomach pains and headaches.
of the bus, which belongs to the transport company Maestra, immediately drove to a health centre in Guadix where the children received treatment.
Although all of the children showed signs of improvement, they were transferred to the Virgen de las Nieves hospital in Granada for further tests.
The children, who were all sitting at the back of the 50-seat bus, were all later discharged.
A spokesman for the health centre said: “The children all showed signs of possible gas intoxication. We took the decision to send them to Granada for tests.”
The results of the tests proved negative for carbon monoxide.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05