AN investigation has been demanded over a fax sent to the Irish authorities concerning the welfare of Amy Fitzpatrick, two years before she went missing.
The demands came from Irish newspapers following up on the Olive Press scoop about the “sad and lonely life of Amy” last issue.
According to the Irish Sunday Mirror the fax sent to the Irish ambassador insisted that her life was “in danger”
Sent by the mother of one of Amy´s friends the 1,100-word fax came with spine-chilling warnings concerning the safety of Amy who vanished on New Year’s Day last year in Mijas Costa.
Amy was 15 at the time. She had moved to Spain in 2004 with her older brother Dean, her mother Audrey and partner Dave Mahon.
Amy’s confidante insisted in the document that the teen was not happy and wanted to return to her dad.
The eerie statement was made over two years before Amy took a short-cut home from her friends’ home – never to be seen again.
“It is possible that she will disappear,” wrote the youngster’s friend on May 9, 2005. “Amy is scared for her own safety.”
The youngster spent a lot of time staying with school friends who lived nearby.
Her friend’s mum said Amy’s physical well-being was also a matter of concern.
She wrote: “Amy is very underweight and eats huge portions and often when at our house – she is hungry.
“The exception is the last two days when she is too anxious to eat.”
The document, which the Olive Press has a copy of, contains sensitive material “that needs to be investigated” demanded the paper.
Both Dave Mahon and mother Audrey Fitzpatrick strongly deny the claims in the letter, insisting Amy was healthy and the person who wrote the fax was “deranged”.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27