BIG Brother star Imogen Thomas has been struck down with swine flu after holidaying on the Costa del Sol.
The former Miss Wales and a close friend both contracted the disease after taking a break in Puerto Banus earlier this month.
On returning home, the beauty queen fell ill and was rushed to hospital for tests.
She was given a week-long course of the drug Tamiflu and confined to her London flat for a week with a special mask.
“Visits from footballer boyfriend, England striker Jermain Defoe, ensured the glamour model made a swift recovery.”
“It’s awful,” she explained. “I feel drowsy and need to sleep. Swine flu isn’t exactly a good souvenir to bring back from holiday.”
However, regular visits from footballer boyfriend, England striker Jermain Defoe, ensured the glamour model made a swift recovery.
“She didn’t want to see him while she was still contagious,” said a friend. “But he’s been taking care of her and pampering her.
“Jermaine’s been there for Imogen while she’s had swine flu and has offered her lots of moral support.”
This weekend the Spurs striker’s mixture of TLC appeared to have hit the back of the net after the Welsh wonder was spotted out on the tiles looking a picture of health.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00