BIG Brother star Imogen Thomas has been struck down with swine flu after holidaying on the Costa del Sol.
The former Miss Wales and a close friend both contracted the disease after taking a break in Puerto Banus earlier this month.
On returning home, the beauty queen fell ill and was rushed to hospital for tests.
She was given a week-long course of the drug Tamiflu and confined to her London flat for a week with a special mask.
“Visits from footballer boyfriend, England striker Jermain Defoe, ensured the glamour model made a swift recovery.”
“It’s awful,” she explained. “I feel drowsy and need to sleep. Swine flu isn’t exactly a good souvenir to bring back from holiday.”
However, regular visits from footballer boyfriend, England striker Jermain Defoe, ensured the glamour model made a swift recovery.
“She didn’t want to see him while she was still contagious,” said a friend. “But he’s been taking care of her and pampering her.
“Jermaine’s been there for Imogen while she’s had swine flu and has offered her lots of moral support.”
This weekend the Spurs striker’s mixture of TLC appeared to have hit the back of the net after the Welsh wonder was spotted out on the tiles looking a picture of health.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00