ANDY Murray romped to victory in Spain as he secured his sixth title of the year at the Valencia Open.
The Scotsman returned with a bang after six weeks sidelined by a wrist injury by trouncing Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-2 in the final.
It only took Murray 68 minutes to net his 14th career title and announce his return to form ahead of the end-of-season showcase tournament at the ATP Masters in London.
World number four Murray, 22, said: “It’s rare someone wins a tournament after a long break.
“I’m just happy I came back from the injury well.”
Meanwhile, Ross Fisher became the second British golfer in a month to hit the jackpot in Spain.
Fisher, 28, entered the world’s top 16 after becoming the fourth Briton to win the Volvo World Match Play Championship and claim the 750,000 euro prize fund.
He produced one of the finest performances of his career to win 4 and 3 in the 36-hole final at the Finca Cortesin Golf Club in Casares
The Lamborghini-driving golfer, from Surrey, followed in the footsteps of English golfers Nick Faldo, Lee Westwood and Paul Casey by securing victory.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27