A ‘JACKASS’ style prank has backfired leaving a Jaen youth in critical condition.
Francisco Javier, 16, is fighting for his life after a mechanised air pump was inserted into his backside by friends.
Detectives from the Guardia Civil are now investigating how the teenager ended up with the short, sharp, blast of air up his rear.
The ten second prank wreaked havoc with his guts and he was rushed to Jaen’s Medico-Quirurgico hospital in agony.
A section of his intestines had to be removed, while his kidneys and liver were also seriously damaged in the stunt.
He has also lost his whole spleen and will now spend the next month facing urgent kidney dialysis treatment.
A hospital spokesman told the Olive Press he was “stable, but still seriously ill”.
The macabre prank took place at the workshop garage of one of the boy’s friends in the Valdepenas area of the Sierra Sur.
Javier’s father revealed that he had been messing about with four friends.
“They say they were playing, but this was some game. This was more than just an innocent joke,” explained Javier’s father.
The parents have now revealed they intend to start legal proceedings to find out who exactly was responsible.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27