ANTEQUERA will have a stop on the high-speed Malaga to Sevilla AVE line set to be completed in 2013.
“Antequera will soon be just 45 minutes from Sevilla,” explained PSOE spokesman in Malaga Miguel Angel Heredia.
“This development will open enormous business for all three major cities on the line.”
Some one billion euros will be ploughed into Andalucia’s AVE infrastructure network which is predicted to generate 30,000 jobs during the construction stages.
Meanwhile, Antequera is gearing up for celebrating six centuries since its inauguration into the crown of Castilla.
Almost 600 years ago on September 16, the Moors relinquished their control of the city, also called El Torcal, by Spaniards.
A number of events are being organised to help commemorate the event, including the hosting of the Copa del Rey handball tournament.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00