NEW Miss World Kaiane Aldorino, 23, has told the Olive Press how she loves coming home to Gibraltar.
The hospital administrator, who won the title in December, said: “I love coming back to live a normal life again.”
The down-to-earth girl continued: “It is totally unique, a really special place.
“There is nothing like the amazing views from the top, to Africa and into Spain.
“I also love the beaches, the lighthouse and the people are so friendly.”
Aldorino beat favourite Miss Puerto Rico after triumphing in the swimsuit competition.
The bilingual beauty is about to set off on another trip to Korea, having just got back from Japan and Brunei.
She is still amazed at the 15,000 people who turned up to her victory parade. “There were more people than even National Day,” she said.
Aldorino, whose boyfriend works on a cruise ship, was described by Chief Minister Peter Caruana as a “very special lady, who has put Gibraltar on the map!”
Denis MacShane MP, the former Europe Minister, described her win as “a victory for a Spanish-speaking European woman who live on the Mediterranean under the British flag,”.
He added: “I just hope she doesn’t meet Tiger Woods.”
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00